I've been really struggling lately. I'm sick of my job; I'm sick of never knowing how much I'll make, and having my ability to pay my rent depend on if the jackass at table 30 wants to tip tonight or not. But at the same time I feel so trapped. Because the thing is ..... I'm really not good at anything. At least not anything that makes money. It's pretty depressing. And it seems pointless to stop serving just to work at another job I'll be mediocre at and will probably hate as well.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

StumbleUpon
2 Responses
  1. SkippyMom Says:

    Don't do that PG - You are good at a lot of things I bet. Besides which, having a great sense of humor will get you far in this world.

    There is a lot of skill in customer service [ie serving] and it can take you places you wouldn't even imagine. I am not kidding. I am proof of that. I was hired at some pretty cool non serving jobs based on the fact I had been a waitress.

    Hang tight girl - it will be okay.


  2. purplegirl Says:

    Thanks. I'm still feeling pretty down about my overall prospects, but I'm trying to keep a good thought. :)