I've been too busy, tired, and broke to make anything new this week, so I'm pulling out a "recipe" from my mental catalog. This is the easiest, yummiest strawberry shortcake recipe ever.
- 1 tube of biscuits--the puffy kind, like Grand's. Plain or extra buttery is good, but you don't want anything with raisins, garlic, etc.
- About 1 cup of sugar, in a bowl or on a plate.
- 1 to 1.5 stick of melted butter.
- Strawberries--fresh and chopped, plain or sugared, or frozen with sugared sauce. Whatever does it for you.
- Whatever type of whipped cream or Cool Whip you like.
- Coat each individual raw biscuit in the melted butter.
- Quickly press each side of the biscuit into the sugar.
- Put on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake as directed.
- Once baked, top with strawberries and whipped cream. You can slice the biscuit in half as the photo shows, or just put it right on top--either way, it's freaking amazing.
(Image is from a from-scratch recipe that's very similar.)