My favorite television show is House. It took me a couple of years before I finally started watching it, but I am absolutely freaking hooked. Last season ended incredibly, and the two hour long premier is tomorrow night. I was talking to a girl at work about it, and it turns out she loves it to. Then her friend spoke up to. The first girl suggested we all get together to watch it, which sounds like fun.

The second girl turns to me and says, "We've never been to your house, we should go there." I laughed and reminded them I have a multitude of animals, but they said they're fine with it. I very, very rarely have people over, so I agreed. They're supposed to bring dinner, and I'm going to bake something for dessert.

And then I got to thinking about how much goddamn work that's going to be. The baking part is fine, I love that and I've overdue for a baking experiment anyway. But the cleaning up my house so it's presentable for company? Oh crap.

Not that it's filthy, or anything; there are just certain things that I don't devote much time to. Like a giant stack of mail in the corner I just keep adding to. And behind the bathroom door. I live alone, so there's no point in closing the door, so I never see behind it. And the bag of recycling by the front door, going to have to do something with that.

Maybe someone will want me to work for them tomorrow instead.

StumbleUpon
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This post made me laugh. I suspect that you are as much of a hermit as I. Whenever I am invited out, I think, "Oh, that sounds fun. I'll definitely go!" Then, when it comes time to head out, I have an excuse so that I can just stay in.


  2. I love house too, and am so excited for the premire! My pile of mail gets huge too...no need to open any of it as I pay bills online... so, I end up stuffing it in a drawer if people come over. Now that I'm planning a move, I've started sorting/shredding the hidden piles. No good! Hope you enjoy the big event tonight!


  3. purplegirl Says:

    I really am a hermit; give me a book and a cat on my lap and I'm happy. Drop me in a bar and I hide in a corner.

    The House premier was great, and having people over wasn't bad. We hardly talked, even, just watched it and then they left. I'd spent about five hours frantically cleaning and organizing, not that they even stepped out of the living room!