I've been watching the series Dollhouse, mostly because I like Eliza Dushku--although I think she's way, way too skinny now--and I'm rather pleased with one of the characters, played by Miracle Laurie. She's by no means fat, that would be too much to hope for from a show paired with that stupid Terminator thing for its "sexiness". But I am pleased that Miracle Laurie isn't a stick figure. I mean, here we have a beautiful woman on a prime time show ... who actually looks like she has room for her internal organs!

Although, in watching more of the show, it's clear that the producers are trying to hide her "weight". Her body seems to be mostly hidden behind other characters; we don't get the up-close, scandalous shots of her body like we do the skinny girls; and the clothing they put her in the designed to be slenderizing--black, layered, ruffled, etc. But at least we have one average sized person on the show--and she's a love interest for a main character!

StumbleUpon
2 Responses
  1. K.H. Says:

    I can guarantee you that if the show lasts longer than one season, she'll slim down, most likely at the urging of those who she works with.


  2. purplegirl Says:

    Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Very disappointing.