I have a bad habit of sticking my head in the sand about certain things. Generally financial things, really. For a few months now, I've been getting calls anywhere from 2-15 times a day about the things I'm behind on--two credit cards, a store account that wasn't really my fault (long story), and one other thing. They never called when I had time to talk--I was asleep, or at work, or in class, or maybe sometimes I did have time but I didn't have money. So I put my phone on silent and ignored it.

Why? Why do I do that? I know, from having gone down this road before, that the companies are willing to make payment arrangements I can handle, and that I feel MUCH better when I just take care of things already. I reminded myself of this a week ago, and today I finally made the last call I needed to to straighten all this baloney out! I also came to the dreadful realization that cutting back my large credit card payment by $86 a month would extend the miserable life of that payment plan by something like six months. Bwah! Must not. Four years of massive monthly payments is enough!

So what does this have to do with healthy eating and fat? Not a damn thing. Okay, maybe one damn thing: when I physically feel better, I'm more likely to take care of the things I need to. Rocket science? Hardly. Something I seem to forget over and over? Yep. I forget that what I call "normal" would be torturous hell for most people. I've taken steps toward fixing that--sinus surgery, allergy shots, next on my list is checking into orthotic inserts for my shoes--but if I don't get the basics right, none of that is going to matter. If I don't get the basics right, I'll continue feeling shitty and letting everything fall by the wayside. And it has nothing to do with my body size, but what I fuel my body with. Which I've known for a long time. Let's see if I can keep that going instead of forgetting in two months.

StumbleUpon
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Does seem to be true that eating healthy food and getting some exercise is one of the best ways to feel better, both physically and mentally. Damn it.