Yes, in the rigorous scientific setting of my home, I have determined that proper eating makes you feel better. Shocking, right? I'm basing this on the fact that, although I did sleep a large portion of my day away, after that I did Useful Things.

Granted, I'm still not able to nail my ass to a chair and study for hours at a time without moving. Rather I'll force myself through one chapter (with a couple of 30 second breaks for more water, squishing a kitten, etc.), then I'll let myself read a couple of blog entries or whatever before moving on to the next chapter. I'm just one of those fidgety people. A couple of weeks ago while filling up on junk, I wouldn't have had the mental focus for even that amount of studius interruptus. Yes, I'm a nerd, shut up.

I've always looked at other people and wondered how they get so much done in a day. My dad does more before I get up than I usually do all day. Other people sprint about on errands, etc., before work. I don't think I'll ever truly be one of those people--I just have a certain procrastinating slackitude to my personality. But at least when eating properly I feel like I can fake it when I need to. :) What really mystifies me though ... people who go 100 miles an hour while eating a) next to nothing or b) utter crap. How do they do it? Are they just possessed of some self-flagellating gene I don't have?

StumbleUpon
Labels: edit post
0 Responses