Again, I find myself in the "late-night lack of food spot". My plans to make low-carb chicken alfredo fell through when I realized I'd put a half-full, open can of alfredo in the cabinet rather than the fridge. So no alfredo. I could try to defrost some meat and make beef and broccoli, but I think that'd be rather a disaster considering I still haven't found any of my spatulas with which to approximate stir-frying. I've finally found all the rest of my kitchen stuff, but no spatulas.

I could have turkey and cheese, but that's just going to leave me wanting something else. I could go to the store, but seeing as I have $4 and I'm very lazy tonight I don't see that working out well.

Hey! I found a spatula! Apparently I found it ages ago and stuck it in a random drawer. Hmm. The meat defrosting isn't going so well--it's taken most of an hour to even get it defrosted enough to hack into bits. So now it's 11, which is when I was planning on going to bed, and I'm just now actually cooking. Blech.

And now it's 12:15. I've finished eating, and I have class at 8 in the morning, and I don't feel sleepy at all. This is why I've hardly been to class in the last month. Attendance has never been my strongest suit, let alone to ass-crack of dawn (for me, at least. Shut up.), ridiculously boring classes.

See, I made the mistake of choosing my classes according to two priorities: not too challenging for my first semester back, and at times that wouldn't limit my work much. Which means I have to get up at 7 to get to the first of two classes that consist basically of putting terminology to shit I already know about management and food service. Yippee skippee!

I was hoping that eating properly would facilitate me rolling out of bed in the morning, but alas, it has not. Ongoing battle.

StumbleUpon
0 Responses