I am SO fucking sick of commercials for The Starter Wife! I admit, I watched the mini-series, mostly for lack of anything better to watch. Now they've made it a regular series, and they have been advertising it 1-2 times per ad break for the last three months. The first month or so featured brief clips from the show and Debra Messing posing and being "glamorous" (Oh look I'm laughing, oh now I'm serious, now I'm pouting) in tight dresses. Then, I assume as they made more episodes, the commercials started including more and more clips from the show, which out of context seem like Messing is just ridiculously over-acting. I understand that they're promoting their new show; that's their job. But good grief! How many times, in a single episode of Monk, do I need to hear "Molly Kagan" exclaiming "I. Live. In. ACRAZYWORLD!"

I know networks always over-advertise shows; but it doesn't seem like they take it to this extreme with any other show.

( /end pointless entry)

StumbleUpon
Labels: edit post
0 Responses