After three weeks of eating more or less healthily, I decided today I was going to have what I wanted without restrictions. So I had a little cup of chocolate mousse, and I had spinach and artichoke dip with chips, and I had boneless wings in BBQ sauce. Much to my surprise, though, three things happened: the mousse was just enough and I didn't crave more, the chips really weren't all that (just a dip delivery medium), and the BBQ sauce was just way too .... thick. I didn't eat most of the chips, and only ate half of the wings. Still, I'll probably regret it tomorrow because I'll probably feel like crap--it was still a lot more carb than I'm used to having now.

Ah well. Tomorrow's another day. I think I'll have salad tomorrow, that actually sounds good. I'm glad I can eat salads again--I was off them for months because around Christmas time I puked up just-eaten salad three times, and the association was bad.

And really, although I might feel less than optimal tomorrow, I don't regret having what I did for dinner. The spinach dip, and the first half of the wings, and the chocolate mousse, were quite delicious. And since this isn't about losing weight, but rather about consistently eating a healthier diet than I have been, I don't have to feel guilty. Hurrah! Let's all get drunk and play ping pong!

StumbleUpon
0 Responses